RE: Bending

Over-blowing, under-blowing, draw-bending and blow-bending all involve making
a reed sound when air travels over it in the opposite direction from when the
reed is played without applying a technique.  This is acheived primarily by
creating an appropriately sized resonant chamber with your mouth and pharynx.

Bending - Produces pitches between the lower and upper tunings in a given hole.
          The lower tuned reed produces most of the sound.  It is not
          possible to bend lower than about a semi-tone above this reed, nor is
          it possible to bend above the upper tuning so holes 5 and 7 can
          barely be bent.  If the blow reed is tuned below the draw reed then a
          draw-bend technique is required.  If the blow reed is tuned above the
          draw note then a blow-bend technique must be used.

Over-Blowing and Over-Drawing - Produces pitches above the upper tuning in a
          given hole.  The higer tuned reed produces most of the sound.  It is
          not possible to over-play (for want of a better term) lower than
          about a semi-tone above this reed.  If the blow reed is tuned below
          the draw reed then and over-blowing technique is required.  If the
          blow reed is tuned above the draw reed then an over-drawing technique
          must be used.  All holes can be over-played, I'm not sure of any
          limits (other than practical) that govern how high a pitch can be
          produced with this technique.  Over-blowing holes 1,4,5,6 and over-
          drawing holes 7,9 by a semi-tone produces notes that straight
          playing and bending cannot produce.  Over-blowing holes 4,5 and 6
          require a similar technique to blow-bending holes 8,9 and 10.  Over-
          blowing hole 1 is most easily achieved by expelling air with your
          mouth rather than your lungs or diaphragm; although it's hard to
          sustain with this technique.  Over-drawing holes 7 and 9 requires a
          straw-sucking approach similar to whispering 'tser' or 'tsoo' while
          inhaling.

I have read this fifty times for errors but apologies if I got any of my
'blows' and 'draws', 'uppers' and 'lowers' switched.