Re: heard these..?

Harv,
	Could the song you referred to "Shape of Things to Come", be the same
song by the same name as the 1965-?66 tune by the Yardbirds when Jeff Beck was
playing lead guitar?  If so, it is really interesting to me how all of this
stuff that I grew up on in the 60's is now making a big comeback, along with
the current blues revival of course.  In fact, in thinking about it some more,
(gotta give me time for all my synapses to kick in!), I believe that their 2nd
album had this song as its title.  This was a pretty popular tune then but not
too popular with bands because it was very uneven (lots of starts & stops) and
therefore hard to dance to.  At any rate, I could see how it could easily be
adapted to a funky, reggae or bluesy format.  Check it out if you haven't
already heard the version by the Yardbirds as it was an excellent example of
one of their pre-psychedelic sound even though there isn't any harp on it.
Bill Grogan
wlgrogan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx