Re: Hot Rod Twin was Vox AC30s?

>How much is a Vox AC30 in the US?
>
>Before I moved here I had a '67 Vox AC30 combo (blue speakers, original
>tubes, the works).  I seriously considered having just the Vox and a spare
>pair of socks as my baggage allowance, but I wimped out and sold it.  I now
>use a Princeton (late model, boo), although I have an early Twin that's
>just waiting on speakers getting reconed.
>
>I just wish I still had the AC30.  I haven't seen a single one in two years
>... I'm assuming that they must be rare as rocking horse s**t in the US,
>and hence at least a gazillion dollars apiece.
>
>Alternatively - can I hotrod the Twin?  What do people who use these amps
>do to them?  I've heard (and played) some beautiful examples, but mine just
>sounds loud and clean.  Is it just the grade of the tubes?
>
>   -- hugh

I have found after "hot rodding" Fender amps - Tremolux and Twin that I liked them better
before.  What would this modification you propose be.  I also would not recommend the
Twin Reverb as a harp amp.  The 12" speakers generally feedback more than a rig with
10" speakers, but I do have a single 12" Quantum speaker which I used to use with
a Tremolux head which sounded pretty good.  In general, I think you will be happier with
a Fender amp left stock.

Bernie Clarke
"Don't start me to talkin', I'll tell everything I know" - SBWII