Re: Clicking G harp.

On Wed, 7 Sep 1994 clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> With respect to amps, I am using a 1962 Princeton (black, white knobs) which
> is one of the amps that  Walter used.  It has less balls, but a fatter tone than my
> Bassman.  It's nice on stage too, because I'm not driving the stage volume
> to ear splitting levels.

A trick I've done with my Bassman reissue: Disconnect two of the
speakers. This does change the input impedance, but my understanding is
that since the impedance goes up, this won't damage your amp. I've done
it often with no harm (but Bassman amps are build like rocks anyway...any
amp *designed* to run at 2 ohms better be well-built).

Single-speaker amps are fine for fairly small clubs or practice (with
most bands)...but at a lot of gigs, you really improve sound dispersion
through use of multi-speaker amps. I used to have a Fender Vibroverb
reissue that sounded really good too...it was a 2X10" speaker arrangement.