Re: Why lay out?

William Lippe writes:
>        On a sidenote...  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
>twist my harp over into the world of more punkish stuff?  I don't know
>much about digital effects, but I guess that's what I'll be looking
>into.  If anyone has experimented with genres of music that are "harder"
>than blues, blues-rock, I'd be interested to hear from you.

I'm not a musical purist - I enjoy playing blues, country, folk, most forms
of rock and other styles, and would be bored if I played any one style
exclusively. I use an ART SGX-2000 effects processor. Amongst it's 70
effects(16 per patch) is a tube pre-amp, compressor, EQ, noise gate(and
other analog effects) and all the digital effects you can imagine. The
blues purists might not agree with my choice but I can get an excellent
sounding, very flexible over-driven sound. On a whim I can fatten the sound
with various reverbs and delays or "space it" with flange, chorus, phase
shifting, etc. I can even use pitch shifting to drop/raise an octave on the
fly and have full control over the sound at all times.