Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

MR. Smoot wrote:
		[Snip}....

*I* personally do not feel that we
> have any "professional jealousy" or insecurities, it's just that people
> who gig professionally (i.e. make their living doing this) don't need a
> harder time than they already have in getting gigs.  They work their
> asses off (well, MOST do), and it's just not fair to them to be turned
> down so the owner can have some "open jam" and pocket the profit they
> made by NOT having to pay a "working" musician.  You ARE RIGHT, however,
> about *FEAR*, but NOT in the way *you* think.  *I* for one have a fear of
> this kind of thing becoming TOO popular, and not leaving any decent paying
> places left to play.  Kinda like Country Line Dancing clubs. ;-)

	[SNIP]...

 Well I think this is the last I want to say on this subject.
 (Sighs of relief alround)

 Things are different, it's a different space over there sure.

 However, central to the issue is the point not being looked at that:

	PRO. MUSICIANS WILLINGLY, FREELY JOIN OUR SEESIONS.
	Just for fun. AND do not look on them as a threat.

 As you say though, it a different scene.
 Gordon