Re: Ultimos

At 16:08 9/6/94 -0700, Barry Schaede wrote:
>I'm told by Danny Wilson at Lee Oskar that the Ultimos aren't available
>in the US.  The Tombo orchestral instruments are also no longer
>distributed here.  He thought that Ultimos were only available in the
>european market.  He didn't know about the UK.

"You can get one of them from Norman"

I was told by a UK distributor of Tombo products that it is Tombo's
agreement with Lee Oskar that prevents them marketing any other Tombo
products in the US.  If that is true, it sucks.  Tombo make some fine
instruments that deserve to be sold in the US.

>(is it ok to use UK)

Yup.

>Are
>there any offensive British Isles terms we should avoid?  FJM

The term "Britishers" is kind of reserved for Boys Own WWII comics
("Achtung Britishers!  Hande hoch" cried the Bosch fiend, but with one
leap, our hero Jack was free, etc).  I guess we're Britons (although this
only seems to apply to fatalities, as in "12 Britons were reported to be on
board") or British.  The place is usually either Britain or the UK.

And you should always be careful about the use of England / Wales /
Scotland / Ireland.  For instance ... if Ireland win a soccer game against
a non-British team, it's "Another win for Britain".  If they lose, it's
"Ireland loses again".

   -- hugh