Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/NO MORE

Learned a few things from the spirited discussion, but that was 50 posts
ago.  Not intending to start a flame (haven't seen one yet -- a few minor
disagreements, a bunch of violent agreements, and a bit of redundancy ;),
but can we consider the 'who jams where why' issue closed?

I'm receptive to 'new' insight, experiences, but I humbly request to
re-read some of the archives/previous posts before sending to this
unmoderated list.  Wouldn't want to squelch anyone, but I know how easy it
is to fire something off via email that could have been proofed a little
better, checked against a similar note that was written a few days ago that
you already erased, etc. (I'm guilty too, I know ;)

There was a big article on Musselwhite in the BRQ lately (last quarter).
Picks up where the latest CD liner notes leave off (Saw him cameo on
Saturday Night Live re-run a few weeks back also).  He talked about the big
lull in the late 70's and early 80's for blues players -- called 'disco' --
that put a lot of 'headliners' out of work.  The point being that all forms
of entertainment go through cycles and one has to adapt or accept or
perturb the trend (lead, follow, get out of the way and all that...:)

Sonny Terry also held his harp updside down.  No problem. But FJM, straight
up?  Must be something tell-tale about that :)

Winslow responded in detail about midi harp on 6-May-94 (Mueller's
Millionizer, and Ron Shille's for Eddie Gordon/Lee Oskar).  If you can't
get it (not cuz your lazy ;), I'll forward.

Regards,                  haandruss@xxxxxxx
Harv                      *Opinions my own*

"Used to see a lot of bands, but decided music was not a spectator sport.
Also, solitaire works in a pinch, but a real player can always scare up a
game."