Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

	[SNIP]

> The issue here is not that music is being made available in a public
> place.  The issue of concern to professional musicians [in this case
> I refer to people who make a living at providing musical
> entertainment] is that they are being shunted aside in favor of
> people who will play free.  It undercuts the price and therefore, in
> the eyes of most Western culture-vultures, the VALUE of the art.
>
> Make 'em pay.

 Now it's on the line at last!

 This is just short sighted, narrow attiude stuff from small minded
 muso's.

	(Not aimed at the poster by the way)

 Do you remember the synth becoming popular in the '70's?
 All sorts of folk who should have known better, were campaining to have
 the synth banned.

 Rick Wakeman was one of them! Can you belive it?
 The arguments ran:
 Technology is killing music.
 It's doing (real) musicians out of work. (sound familiar yet?)
 The elecric guitar is dead.
 The age of the guitar group is over.
 These things are replacing real instruments.
 And taking the bread out of our mouths.

 It was all bullshit in the end.
 There are more musicians, guitar players now than there were before.

 Too much *FEAR* is the real thing going on, too much insecurity among
 folk who should be more aware than to say these things.

 Can I see a hint of professional jelousy AKA Witch Huntion at the back of
 *SOME* of this I wonder.

 Ah well, It will all come out in the wash sooner or later.
 Time is the great healer and solver of troubles.

 Gordon