Re: Hohner response on harp repair

At 14:28 9/5/94 -0400, Winslow Yerxa wrote:
>First off, it's Kavoukian.

I usually just use the more generic Dear Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Hohner.

>But if his name is Kavoukian, don't expect much of a response
>anyway.

I know, but I just want to vent a little spleen.

>(nothing to do with Hohner in
>particular, just the best way of getting good attention).

I've sent defective instruments back to Tombo, Lee Oskar, Huang and Susuki
and had them replaced, FOC, within days.  The Huang replacement came with a
personal letter, carefully addressing all of the points I raised, from CBH
hisself.  The only thing I want to tell Hohner is that they've lost a good
customer because of their lousy quality control and give a shit less
attitude.  That's about $600 worth of harps I won't be buying from them
over the next year (two a month @ $25 a pop).

>===== Chris Harris
>
>I asked after him at the SPAH convention. You're right, he's
>moved to Spain, and has been in touch with Ray Tankersley, whose
>address I don't have handy. Let me know if you want it and I'll
>dig it up.

I have a number for Ray, but it's a few years old.  I'd rather write
anyway, so yes please.

>Winslow

   -- hugh