Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

	[SNIP]

> The idea of the Salon should be adapted for the musicians who are not
> skilled enough to draw a paycheck, who would like to play for
> audiences and who would like to work out the manners and stage nerves
> type of issues in a friendly ambience.  Wanna make music?  Invite
> your friends over for sessions/jams at your house or back yard or
> block party.

 	I *STILL* get the feeling that the readers in the States do not
quite understand the thing about our sessions.

Let me clear up a few things.

A) The musicians in sessions are not there because they are so bad that
they could not make money playing Pro.

B) They are not there because they suffer stage fright in a more formal
setting.

C) *MANY* sessions have musians with world-wide fame sitting in them.
Tom McConville (Shetland/Appalachian fiddler)  plays in Leads when he
is not on tour.  I could dig up more but that's the point.

D) None of this involves money, except for buying a few beers in the pub.
But that's why we play in pubs anyway, for the beer. :-)

E) Most sessions may have players sitting in who suffer from A and B
above, but they are never looked down on or belittled.

It's just the fun thing, and full time well known artists join sessions
in their own towns just because they ENJOY playing with other folk.

For the Pro's  and Semi-Pro's who sit in, it is done as a relaxation
from the pressure of public performance.
That's why I do it It's FUN. Even solo artists need a break. :-)

Have we come so far that music has to be done for money if it's is in a
public place?

How sad.
Gordon