Re: CBH wanted

At 12:02 9/4/94 -0000, Tim Moody wrote:
>:I already have one, but it needs so much constant attention that I really
>:need a spare so's I can have one in bits and one on the road.
>
>Hugh,
>    What are you willing to spend? Do you know that a excellent condition
>CBH 2016(64) can fetch $400.00?

Yup.  I paid 250 pounds (English type money = approx $350) for my last one
about two years ago.  Well, actually I swapped a brand new portable Fostek
four track for one, but call it 250.

>Also you can still get reed plates for it
>from Hohner for $85.00, or so I'm told.

So I am told as well.  Two letters, one to Richmond and one to Trossingen
have yielded no replies.  Anyone who can point me to the right place within
Hohner to get spare plates will earn my undying gratitude.

Obligatory Name Dropping Trivia:

I stayed with Mr Huang in New York a couple of days last year (he is pretty
sure Hohner don't carry CBH spares any more).  It was lot of fun hanging
out with him - we got to play the first movement of the Bach double violin
concerto together, which was a *big* thrill for me.

He played his solid silver CBH, the original prototype from which the CBH
was produced.  It is simply the sweetest, fastest, slickest chromatic I've
ever heard.  It is so airtight that he can play just by 'popping' air
through it, no breath pressure involved.  I'd never realised that was how
he plays those chromatic runs, trills and twiddly bits.

>Tim Moody

   -- hugh