Carry Cases Part ??

Greeting Harp-Lers,

       Well, since this has been a very active week on the list for new
members I thought it might be time to chime in with my first post. I've
been lurking in the shadows for sometime receiving the digest and I
have to echo everyone's comment that this has been a great forum.
I've learned more about harps in a week than I have from a year's worth of
perusing harp books. Thanks to all!
       Now for my two cents worth on carrying cases for harmonicas.
Several years ago in an interview with Howard Levy at the Chicago Jazz
Festival, he mentioned that he carries all of his gear in a fishing tackle
box. Being faced with toting a menagerie of harps around in a sack at the
time, I decided to investigate this alternative and son of a gun it has
worked great for me. The medium size tackle box that I have has a 4.5"
wide tray divided into 10 sections. Each section is the perfect size
for 2 - 10 hole diatonic harps (without their plastic cases). The remainder
of the tackle box allows me to haul around a Green Bullet mike, spare cable
and other harps that might be less frequently used. Of course if you're an
avid fisherman, there is the potential downside of mixing cases.
Reaching for a harp and ending up with a No. 2 Rapala lure in your hand may
be a great way to get to feeling the blues but it won't do your playing a
heck of a lot of good.
        Steve Sobaski                           |
        Illinois Natural History Survey         |
        sobaski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                |