Re: Sit-Ins (sessions)/MORE

Gordon wrote:

> First, Mr. Smoot:
> 		I know (Barry?) mentioned that you missed something in
> my post, but while I'm here.....
>
> The point is our sessions here are *ONLY* informal, and as such are a
> free-for-all fun thing, just for the joy of playing.
> For many musicians, it is the only time they get to play with other
> musicians at all.
> I for one am a solo performer, so the above applies to me as well.
>
> However, in spite of that, I am left with the feeling that the USA could
> well do with a few of our pub sessions over there.
> Any takers out there?
> Come on do it,start a new trend.
Well guys,

    I don't think I missed Gordon's point, but hell, ANYTHING'S possible
after an eight hour workday and long night of rehearsal. ;-)  As he states
in the above post, ALL of their sessions are informal, free-for-all jams.
All that *I* was stating to him, was that *ours* here in the US for the
most part are NOT free-for-all's.  There was no flame intent, nor anything
else for that matter in my responding post to his.  I'm sorry if anyone
(especially Gordon) took it the wrong way, or thought I was "missing his
point", but basically I was making *my own* point and meant no harm by it. :-)

I'm also sorry that this "Honking Patrons" thread got a little off of
the "harp" path, but I guess that's what happens when you get a bunch
of intelligent people together to discuss things that we like/dislike.
Just think if we all had I.Q.'s of around 30 or so... ;-)

So guys remember (as I have to try and constantly remind *MYSELF*) why
we're here - for the love of the Harp and Harp Music! :-)

Gotta go, the "Thread Police" are comin' to get me! ;-)
Craig S.

p.s.  I do realize I might have missed Gordon's point, but in the future,
    if I DO miss someone's point, please point that mistake out to *me*
    via PRIVATE email. :-)  No need in the ENTIRE list receiving a one-
    liner directed to ONE person, y'know?  Just trying to be courteous
    to my fellow Harp-L'ers. :-)  Again, NO flame intended.

|  Craig Smoot                                                        |
|  Systems Analyst / Programmer / Musician                            |
|  Gradkell Systems, Inc. - Huntsville, AL                            |
|  (craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ...And NO, I'm not in the Army! ;-)   |