GK vs et all

George, I have to agree with you about the GK's for actual electric
bass.  They're great.  Loud and punchy without being boomy or muddy.
Thje bass player in our band uses one with a Hartke 4-10 bass module for
speakers and it sounds great.  For lead diatonic blues harmonica many
people swear by the Bassmans.  I don't I use a Fender Concert.  It too is
also a 4-10 configuration with a little bit more power and the best
sounding vibrato I've e ver heard.  My guess is that people are going for
that fat distorted Chicago sound and they hear other people playing
Bassmans and figure that's the way to do it.  FJM