I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Gordon

---------------

<From accordion-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mon Jul 11 23:00:04 1994
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 14:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Erik Butterworth <butterw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Play an Accordion . . . (Update) (NMCBAC) (fwd)
To: accordion@xxxxxxxxxx

> Since deciding to investigate the idea of learning to play the pipes, I've
> come to the conclusion that the Celts are unique in that they can take the
> two instruments that annoy the most people in the world, and place them in
> the *same band*.
>
> John  "Smilies everyone, smilies...."  :^) Keating

  Not true.  Bulgarian players often mix accordion and bagpipe.  To a
lesser extent this also happens in Ro(u)manian and Macedonia.  Both
accordions and bagpipes are popular throughout Eastern Europe, however
since the styles differ, mixing is an open question.

  Erik

  BTW.  When I told my father I was now playing bagpipe as well as
accordion, he said he felt much better about me having moved to another
state.

Erik Butterworth  -   University of Washington   -  Dept. of Cardiology
Email: butterw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           Phone/VoiceMail: 206-764-2449
UW Campus Mail:   ZB-20 (115)                         Fax: 206-764-2050
US Mail:     1660 S. Columbian Way,   Seattle WA 98108,    Mailstop 115