Re: Help, new to harps.

Diatonic scale-"a scale consisting of whole and half-tone steps"
Diatonic chord-"a chord whose tones conform to a diatonic scale."
Diatonic-An order of tones expressed by the white keys of the piano;
concerning scasles with progressing degrees of different names.
Degrees-Do, Re, Mi, Fa, So, La, Ti, Do (OR octave).  MAJOR SCALE!
there are only 12 TONES in western music (as opposed to eastern music)
7 of these tones are MAJOR! The remaining 5 are Flats and/or Sharps.
The white keys on a piano are whole tones, black keys are Flats and/or
sharps.
OCTAVE- root word is OCT for eight (8), (e.g. octet, octagon, etc.)
If you count from Do to Ti there are seven tones, The next tone (Do)
is the eighth tone or the OCTAVE of Do.  Piano has 8 octave range;
guitar has 4 octave range; I believe diatonic harp (harps in a certain
key) is 2 octave range.  Chromatic harp has sharps/flats I believe(?)
TREMOLO - in singing tremolo is explained as a slight fluctuation in
pitch, such as at the end of a phrase.  OR a trembling or quavering,
rapid repition of a note.