Re: Rolling Stones harp playing

> Check the credits on those early albums. I believe you'll see
> harp credted to Mr. Jones. His playing was actually half-decent -
> better than what Jagger played in the middle period stuff.

Yes, Jones played quite a bit of harp in the early days. I saw him many
times. Remember, this was at the height of the "blues-revival" in the
early 1960's in England, when everyone played. My favorite from the time
was Paul Jones, who went on to form the Blues Band.

Remember also, that at this time most players blew through the PA system
and not a dedicated amplifier, hence the somewhat "thin" sound.