[Harp-L] Kinya Pollard's review of my harmonica gaskets

flyingv8@xxxxx flyingv8@xxxxx
Sat Apr 15 11:06:24 EDT 2017

George, the Crossover gaskets are a bit more tricky for sure. The Teflon material can easily be reshaped so the the free ends are not curving down and falling into the open spaces of the comb. After reshaping start on the bottom side. Once you get it in position simply lay the reed plate over it and gently center it by holding the comb by the edges. I then turn it over and lay it down and do the same for the top. This time I put the screws in before picking it up and centering. Make sure the gasket isn't protruding at all in front before tightening the screws. There is a little play there. I plan to make some videos soon to show my technique. If you have any other questions please let me know.
Thanks!
Dee