[Harp-L] Low harps for 1st position blues

David Fairweather dmf273@xxxxx
Sun Nov 6 23:57:02 EST 2016

Just wondering if anyone out there in Harp-L land has been using some of
the recently available low pitched harps for first position blues ala Jimmy
Reed?

I know Reed liked to use G harps, which were probably the lowest available
to him at the time.  The lowest harp I own is a Low C Hohner Rocket that I
won in the San Antonio SPAH Saturday night raffle.   Tried some 1st
position on that and I liked it!   But I'm really curious about some of the
really low harps.  I'm not sure how low they go, but I know they make a low
G.   Can someone out there with a really low harp tell me how they like
first position?   Those low Thunderbird harps aren't cheap!  But I'm
tempted.