[Harp-L] Contents of Harp-L digest Vol 155, Issue 2 4. New Chromatic Option from Seydel (JOEL HENNER)

Didi Neumann didi_neumann@xxxxx
Mon Jul 4 10:56:19 EDT 2016

<joelhenner at xxxxx> wrote:
<When it comes time to clean
 <the slide mechanism I have
<found it impossible to
<re-assemble the harmonica.
<The slide has to be held
<all the way in, in order to get <the screws to seat properly,
<and the spring
<tail is so short that it fails to properly engage the actuator <hole on the
<slide as you try to re-assemble it.  I have one in
<pieces now that I cannot
<get back together.  I have <never had this sort of
<problem cleaning Hohner or
<Suzuki chromatics.

I use a little special tool for it, I made myself. It is similar to what some people use to control the offset of their reeds.
You take a normal razor blade and a pair of scissors. First you cut the sharp edges off, then you cut off the outer parts to get two stripes, as long as the blades and wide about 6 mm.
Then you take some gaffa tape and make your a sort of handle, to make it easier to keep your rool between your fingers
Now you have a tool that some people use, to control the offset of their reeds or even as something to put underneath when they want to file on the reed.

For mounting the slides on the Saxony I have one of these tools with a little notch filed in the middle of the shorter side As it is of very, very thin material you can keep the end of the spring in position when putting together the slide assembly of your Saxony.

Hope my explanation was good enough.

I have not been posting on this list for 10 years maybe, but some of the older members might remember me. I was posting a lot in the late 90s.
I live in Munich, Germany, making my living by teaching beginners of the diatonic harmonica.
in these days I play live only once or twice a month, mainly diatonic in a blues duo.
At the moment, I am on holiday in Sweden, sitting at some lonely windy beach, playing my chromatic .......

I have some questions specially about the Saxony, but I will ask them in different posts
Ciao!
didi
---------------------------
didi neumann