Re: [Harp-L] simulate horn section

In my opinion, using "Synths" or "Effects" to REPLICATE a horn section
does not work... Because it sounds ELECTRONIC! That isn't to say it can't still
 sound good! But simply as an alternative sound TO a brass section.
I have been playing "electric" as well as "acoustic" harmonica for donkey's
 years.
I HAVE often performed gigs WITH "brass sections" Saxes, trumpets,  flugel,
trombones etc etc... The harmonica can ADD A LOT to that. As an extra
"voice'... I have used both chromatic and diatonic harps to do this....
So try playing WITH a horn section....
A harmonica can really ADD something special.
But a good keyboard synth will "replicate" a horn section better than a
harmonica. (Not as well as the real thing.)
Use a harmonica to IMPROVE the sound... Not to COPY!

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now,
COLD
In bonnie Scotland.