[Harp-L] A Brief History of How Musicians Get Paid

Following up on a recent thread. I imagine its different depending on the
local music ecosystem but here in New York City if its a bar gig its cash,
if its a corporate gig or an institution like a museum or cultural center
its a check. If I'm the leader and its a gig paid by check I'll pay my band
in cash - who doesn't want cash? Lastly, the paid by check gigs are
generally the better paying jobs so if I'm fronting the money I'll
sometimes take a leaders fee.

Now for a little history:
https://reverb.com/blog/a-brief-history-of-how-musicians-get-paid

--