Re: [Harp-L] A Brief History of How Musicians Get Paid

Here in Oz, it's all cash, unless it's a corporate event.
For a couple of years some time back, we all had to have a "business
number" and had to sign books.
It's all faded away. Support for live music, at least here in Melbourne, is
very strong.
Stronger than I had ever imagined, until I was coaxed into this, protesting
against
 a law that said every gig had to have two bouncers at the door (it was
closing down so many gigs)
Here's me in front of a crowd of some ten-thousand, rallying against the
laws, in front of the Victorian parliament house.
That's not a strong wind blowing my notes; that's my hands shaking!
(There is harp content here- I also play)
RD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvW5Xp0IUk