Re: [Harp-L] Totally bored with the blues genre

I find myself drawn to the pre-SBWI players like George "Bullet" Williams, Blues Birdhead, Noah Lewis, Will Shade, Jaybird Coleman... They could play a regular 12 bar but like a lot of the older guitar player/singers, weren't locked into a form. For first position playing there's nothing like Rhythm Willie. BTW, in jazz, depending on the period, you hear a lot of Louis Armstrong, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane,... in the playing of their contemporaries, sometimes note for note. There are very few truly original musicians.