Re: [Harp-L] Different Diatonic tuning

That pretty much nails it Jerl. Back in the days of radio and vaudeville, performers would use what they called 'stage' tunings. This was ANY tuning that did the job. Change a reed here, change one there. There was one famous old player who made a living out of showing the entertainment business what could and couldn't be done with a harmonica. (Mostly chromatic).
 There is another (whom is still with us) who makes a living with a different attitude. He is not satisfied with the words: 'That can't be done on harmonica', and
 will do whatever it takes to MAKE it happen. Unfortunately, it used to be that the touring pros would not let out secrets. If they had the proverbial 'leg up' on the
competition, they kept it to themselves. As there were a finite number of lucrative jobs. Now, since those jobs are mostly gone, it no longer matters.

smo-joe