[Harp-L] Chugging and Choo-Choo Noises

Thanks for posting a very nice clip of chromatic harmonica playing Gershwin
well.

You know, I have never heard anyone say that chromatic harmonica was "made
for chugging and choo-choo noises."  It isn't.  It was designed to play
music that the diatonic could not perform well.

Regarding Richter tuned diatonic harmonica (designed for chords), there is
an historical tradition of playing "chugging and choo-choo noises" in a
folk style that can demonstrate mastery of certain techniques, and that has
been used to entertain many.

"Chugging" can also be used as part of rhythmic self accompaniment in
blues.  I do not engage in train and fox chase renditions, as it is not my
thing, but I respect the technique needed to perform this well.

Can't we appreciate a chromatic harmonica performance without a swipe at an
old school diatonic technique?

I wish you had just posted the YouTube video without the "Chugging and
Choo-Choo Noises" heading.