[Harp-L] 100 Authentic Blues Harmonica Licks

Michael:

Perhaps my messages seemed a bit too negative pertaining to "blues" style, but I have listened to some (and played a few riffs) and the patterns appear to be =really= repetitive (although others might describe the "Pachelbel's Canon" as repetitive).

As for busking of the "blues" then I can tell you that around this neighborhood [Harvard Square, Cambridge MA] the "blues" are not real popular (Harvard's logo is Crimson); these audiences really seem to recognize and enjoy Broadway show-tunes.

Due to the large Harp-L response (mostly polite) indicating the positive aspects of "blues" style music then I will soon obtain copies of Steve Cohen's books and practice a few more riffs as well as the tunes appearing in those remarkable "LostHarp" videos that I have recommended.

/Neil (" http://thebuskingproject.com/busker/2025/ ")