[Harp-L] Re: RP + harp + another instrument

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Richard Hunter <turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Distorted tones sound great when you solo them, but in the context of a
> band [in full cry] a very distorted sound just gets lost in the mix.

Yes, I think so, too. Probably because that mashed squared wave doesn't
have any character. Just a flat, amplified bee-buzz.

Also, your [earlier written] advice is good about rolling off some highs
and lows...Because at home (by yourself) a sound seems cool, but in a band,
you share sonic space and frequencies with other instruments. So that
marvelous "BIG" patch doesn't need to take up ALL the frequencies!

Robert Hale
Spiral Advocate (Fanatic!)
Learn Harmonica by Webcam
Low Rates, High Success