[Harp-L] Re: RP + harp + another instrument

Robert Hale wrote:
<In my search for the ultimate "grit" I found that an AMP Level to 99 is not more gritty than 49, and gives me feedback.
<After a point, a square wave just doesn't get any prettier.

It's generally the GAIN setting that's most closely related to both grit and feedback.  I push the Amp Volume setting pretty hard in many of my patches, and that's fine when the Amp Gain settings are kept on the low side.

"Loud" and "distorted" are two different things, and a lot of harp players mistakenly think they want more distortion when what they really want is more loud.  Distorted tones sound great when you solo them, but in the context of a band in full cry a very distorted sound just gets lost in the mix.

regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick