Re: [Harp-L] (no subject)

Save your money.  The choice of comb material or changes with age do not affect the tone of a harmonica.  The analogy between comb material in a harmonica and the wood properties of a stringed-instrument soundboard is false.  Claims by manufacturers about differences in tone attributable to different types of wood may be honest mistakes but are more likely deliberate lies.

Choose metal or plastic for your harmonica comb for stability and longevity.  Avoid wood which swells, shrinks, warps, splits and peels with changes in humidity.
Vern