Subject: [Harp-L] Disclaimers

The real issue with your continuing on the thread of 'Asia' being  a 'land'
is that you seem to not comprehend that Asia is a vast  Continent including
(but not limited to) Japan, China, both Koreas, Thailand,  Cambodia, India,
etc. etc.

You are tarring every single person living in those MANY  different
Countries with the same 'rip-off of the West's ideas' brush which  tends to get
under the skin a bit of those here who DO know their  history (and Geography)
just a wee bit better.

If you're talking about Japanese products, say so. If you're actually
talking about Chinese products, then say that.

And just as a point of information ...I don't believe anyone on this list
ever thought for a milli-second that you were actually THE MiCk  Jagger.
This is one emotionally stable unspoiled adult who found that  particular
disclosure especially humorous.<G>

Elizabeth

"Message: 5
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 07:54:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: mik  jagger <harpomatic@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Rick, you got a point there, and I realize the friendly and humorous
sentiment behind your comment, but seriously - I am talking about an issue that
is beyond dispute - currently Asia is the land of origin of most knock-off,
patent rights-disregarded products. Sometimes it is so discouraging to have
a  conversation here, because any time one makes a statement, it has to be
backed  up by countless disclaimers, assurances of no ill intent, patting on
the back  and expressions of undying love, respect and admiration - it's
like dealing with  emotionally unstable spoiled kids. I am so more used to
dealing with adults that  can handle a real conversation.
P.S. I love Asia, Asians, half-Asians, Honda,  Sony, Suzuki (imagine that),
and all of you - beginners and pros  alike.
Mike.

"Isn't there an argument for the harmonica being an  Asian invention? The
Khen, and the Sheng etc. etc. were around before it and  used the free reed.
Just another example of the west stealing from the east  without paying
their dues. hahaha!"