Re: [Harp-L] Are all harp players blues players?

I have a blues band and I sing and play standards with a piano player, but I will play any music or lead sheet you put before me. I am a sideman. I have played a variety of harmonicas, brass and keyboards, but now play only valved diatonic harmonicas.

'Course, I only like certain kinds of music: classical, jazz, blues, rock, old standards, show tunes and march music. I don't play disco. Some examples of stuff (other than blues) that I like to play:

- Leads from march music I used to play as a trombone player in a marching band; e.g., Semper Fi, Manhattan Beach, Hail to the Chief, etc.

- Old standards, such as Buddy Can You Spare a Dime (timely!), Skylark, etc.

- Jazz standards such as Freedom Jazz Dance, The Wave, etc.

- Leads and parts from Renaissance, Baroque and Classical compositions.

Some things I would love to do but haven't:

 - Play Donna Lee at > 200
 - Play an Ives quarter-tome composition.

Farz I'm concerned, there ain't anything I can't play if it fits into three octaves.

-LM