Re: [Harp-L] harmonica in bluegrass

Ok, that makes two of us who were told that Deford Bailey occasionally sat
in with the band.  I wasn't sure because the information I got included the
words "I think", so I didn't want to be flamed on bgrass-l for someone
else's faulty memory.  (I am a veteran of the flames on bgrass-l as I try
to help the string players learn to be as good to harmonica players as they
are to each other.)  I know that Deford Bailey was a favorite of both Bill
Monroe and Roy Acuff and they tried vary hard to make sure he was treated
well on their tours, even though they were touring in the Jim Crow areas.
However, officially, he was there to do his own show, so sitting in with
the band would be something someone would have to remember.  It would not
make the "record" because of the situation.

Thanks.

Cara Cooke