From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] History of Bluegrass Harmonica

Depends on whether you include old-timey harmonica.

For something close to bluegrass while being past old-timey, check out
Jimmy Riddle with Roy Acuff in the 1940s.

Dave Payne and Cara Cooke may have something to say on this subject.

Winslow

________________________________
 From: Glenn Weiser <banjoandguitar100@xxxxxxxxx>

Subject: [Harp-L] History of Bluegrass Harmonica

Calling all harmonica scholars-

As far as I know, the first recorded instance of the harmonica in bluegrass
music is Charlie McCoy with Flatt and Scruggs in 1962. Is anyone aware of
any earlier examples? I have been in touch with the senior historian at the
Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville and we are trying to piece this
together. I will eventually do a Sing Out! column on this topic.

Glenn Weiser