Re: [Harp-L] Trill on OB 5/blow 6

On Mon, Dec 10, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Steve Webb <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can somebody explain better to me the differences between shakes and
> warbles and shimmers and trills? Not sure everyone is using the same
> terminology how I understand it.
> Steve in Minn.

Winslow could!
I can't--I am pretty much talking about the rapid alternation of two
notes--my original post had to do with a two note trill, using a C diatonic
harmonica to play in G and producing the major seventh (F#) on hole 5 with
an overbend, alternating it with the blow 6 G note.
Just like my friend John told me, it's not impossible to play this pattern
fairly slowly, so I think my original question has more to do with just how
difficult is it to switch between an embouchure which produces an overblow
and one which doesn't.
It's not a big deal to me, but I have to imagine it is a big deal--John
Frazer (my mentor) plays pretty good, and he's not doing it, and the guy he
mentions who would be able to do it, Jason Ricci, has some of the best
chops of any diatonic harmonica player.