Re: [Harp-L] Favorite Mic

----- Original Message -----
The old favorite, the Shure SM58, has been in my experience the most
reliable "general purpose" mic ever sold to the public, and I VASTLY prefer
that, to the Shure SM57 for "my" harmonica sound...
If I was to chose just ONE mic "to own", as my ONE AND ONLY microphone for
harmonica, it would be a Shure SM58, with on/off switch.

----
Amen, brothers and sisters! I still have my 1st one after more than 40 years...?? 1968? And a Shure transformr Hi-Lo with 27ft cable and 1/4" plug. That was my main mic for years.

but that 545 and VHT ? Pure synergy.
I guess it's because I'm still a horn player at heart. And when I get those tones that sound like a horn coming out of my amp, I start to think like a horn player and not a harmonica player. It opens up an additional realm of possibilities in my mind.

When life asks you to jump in...
Plug it in.  Play.  Turn the knobs.

Splash!