Re: [Harp-L] My explanation of 5th and 12th position for Steve Hellerman

Hey Jim, thanks for the straight up answer on what you are calling position
12. if I understand you, then position 12 should be very easy to remember
for any blues player - in second position you use the harmonica that
corresponds to the IV chord in the I IV V progression and in 12th position
you would use the harp that corresponds to the V chord . if you are playing
blues harp and don't know what I IV V means and what it is in every key, you
gotta take a minute to learn that before you venture out of the house with
your harmonicas. no way around that.

 I know scales, the circle of fifths and how to figure this formula out and
express it in at least two other ways - but why not keep it simple. knowing
what key harp to grab and where to start playing is all most of us need.
will try this position 12 after morning tea.

--
Please change my contact information to jvboden@xxxxxxxxxx Thanks!