[Harp-L] Audio of David Naiditch at 2010 SPAH Bluegrass Jam (Lonesome Moonlight Waltz)

David Naiditch says:
"My highlight of the bluegrass jam at the last SPAH was when David pulled out
his chord harmonica and flawlessly played the challenging tune, âLonesome
Moonlight Waltz.â
That's funny, because my highlight of the the bluegrass jam at the last SPAH was
when the other David pulled out his chromatic and flawlessy played Lonesome
Moonlight. That was a great time, because it's such a hard song and everybody
but David N. (it's what I consider his signature tune) had to learn it, I knew
it on chromatic and mandolin, but not on the 48 chord, so I had to learn it,
too. There's 22 chord changes in that song, many of them slightly weird, it's
one of those songs that's a major/minor hybrid, which was a huge learning curve
for almost everybody involved. We spent four minutes probably with Cara Cooke
singing out the chord changes "to the F, to D minor, etc." Once we all got
rolling, it was incredible.
I recorded it all on cassette and can make a copy if anybody's interested in
sending a casette and an SASE. I got most of the jam that night. I did make an
MP3 of David N. on Lonesome Moonlight Waltz at the SPAH 2010 bluegrass jam, I
think it was the one on Friday night. You can have a listen here. It was a
wonderful memory for me.
http://elkriverharmonicas.com/lonesomemoonlightspah2010.mp3
if you have stereo speakers, it will play out of only one of them.
You can get the sheet music (with chords) for that song
here: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?17021-Lonesome-Moonlight-Waltz

David Payne