Re: [Harp-L] Theater orchestra work just completed, report on experience

Great write-up Michael.  Very interesting.

I think you explained this, but I'm curious to have you clarify.  How
did you end up transposing the E Major stuff for a B chrom?  The notes
would be in a different place on the B chrom than on the C.  Did you
mentally transpose up a half step to F and then pretend you were
playing a C chrom?

>The chromatic had lots of melodies and harmonies,
but one piece called for an E chromatic.  It was written in concert C
in the key of E.  4 sharps, lots of button in and out on a C chrome.
No button work on an E chrome.  However, I do not own an E chrome and
did not want to spend $150 for one gig.  I worked hard to do it on a C
harp and could do it but it was inconsistent.  I remembered I bought a
B chromatic because I thought some tricky songs could be made easier
if place one half step off, kind of like a guitarist tuning down one
half step.  It paid off!  Now the song was as if in the key of F on a
key harp, only one flat.  It saved me.

--
http://myspace.com/jasonharmonica
http://lulu.com/primacy