Re: [Harp-L] Theater orchestra work just completed, report on experience

I am good at transposing because when I wanted to learn to play in any
key on both diatonic and chromatic, I took every song I learned and
turned it into numbers based on the major scales.  For example, in the
key of C, C is 1 D is 2.  In the key of E, E is 1, F# is 2. Then I
played every song in all 12 keys.   It taught me a lot.

In this situation,  I knew I had to find the E note on my B chromatic.
 In the key of B, E is the 4th note.  I compared it to my C harmonica.
 In the key of C, F is the 4th note.  If I could find the hole where F
is on my C chrome, E would be there on my B chrome.  2 draw is F on a
C chrome.  2 draw on an B chrome is therefore E.

The song was in E.  I know my C chrome layout well.  If I could just
think about transposing the song to the key of F on a C harp, then I
could play the same holes on the B harp and play in the key of E.

Since the song was written in the key of E, let's say the first two
notes were E then F#, the first and second notes in the E major scale.
 I needed to find the first and second notes of the F major scale on a
C chrome.  F and G.  2 draw and 3 blow.  When I play that on the B
chrome, I get E and F#.

Hopefully that helps.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com