Re: [Harp-L] Nobel Prize winner on Harp-L!

Winslow Yerxa advises:
Roger -

The obstruction - the narrowing of the air passage - is what sets up the
resonant chamber. It's what I call the activator...<clippage>

Today, Harp-L and our own Winslow Yerxa have reached new apogees.

I was intrigued with Roger's e-mail signature:

-- Roger B. Myerson, Glen A. Lloyd Distinguished Service Professor
Department of Economics, University of Chicago
1126 East 59th Street, Chicago, IL 60637
Phone: 773-834-9071, Fax: 773-702-8490
http://home.uchicago.edu/~rmyerson/

I thought, "Gee, University of Chicago!," and followed Professor Myerson's link.

What a surprise I got when, upon a little further digging, I discovered that Professor Myerson is a Nobel Prize winner! Yes, the unassuming "Roger" asking questions about bending while tongue blocking is the 2007 Nobel Laureate in Economics:

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/economics/laureates/2007/myerson.html#

It is the dawning of a new age on Harp-L!

Congratulations once again, Winslow. You are the only person I know who has advised a Nobel Laureate about /anything/.

Finally, Dr. Myerson, I hope you don't mind me "outing" you on the list. :-)

Michelle