Re: [Harp-L] SPAH Member and prsenting SPAH seminars online

The value in paying to attend the SPAH convention goes far beyond the seminars. The performances, the direct access to manufacturers, customizers and crafters and professional players,and just getting to hang with so many great folks who share the love are a big part of that value.

So I wouldn't begrudge sharing online a portion of what went on at SPAH. It could be a nice way to add value for those who can't afford to attend SPAH.

That said, actually doing that means:

1) We would need the permission of presenters to share their presentation. Not all will agree, and others might demand compensation that we can't afford. Still others may be perfectly happy to share their message.

2) We would need both the people and the financial resources to coordinate and perform the work of recording the seminars, and then editing and uploading them to the web.

Every great idea has its price in time and money. Which ones will give us the most bang for our buck and elbow grease?

Keep the good ideas coming, folks.

Winslow Yerxa
SPAH presidential candidate
Harmonica instructor, The Jazzschool for Music Study and Performance
Resident expert, bluesharmonica.com
Columnist, harmonicasessions.com