[Harp-L] Re: Embarrassing amp question\Embarrassing tone question

Here is me playing blues through the HG50 and Ultimate 57.  I think
the Pat Ramsey clip below is the sort of sound the band leader is
after (based on the recorded harp featured on his last album).  Pat
used a dynamic mic in a bullet shell with a tweed Princeton and/or
Harvard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cAP0zReVi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwZSf34iijU

Here is an mp3 of me playing a silverface Vibro Champ with the same
Ultimate 57 and delay pedal as in the YouTube.

http://mikefugazzi.com/files/08 Time for Me to Go.mp3

FWIW, I wouldn't classify the HG50 as a "tweed" amp.  It is sorta
close to a Bassman, but a 4x10 is much different than the typical
small, low-watt tweeds typically associated with harmonica.  I can get
it to break up great, but that volume is typically too loud for most
clubs.  That's why it is perfect for the gigs I normally play.  At the
SPAH blow off it was plenty loud, but again, it wasn't raunchy or
anything.  I used it outdoors prior to that and had it wide open.  It
sounded great, but that volume isn't what I typically use or want the
amp to sound like.

I have the perfect amp/mic combo for club dates with my band.
However, I would want to mix things up in a band that wanted a dirtier
blues tone at very appropriate stage levels.  These guys  I sat in
with had exceptional stage volume.