From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mike Fugazzi
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2010 7:03 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Embarrassing tone question

I've received several great responses on and off-list.  I will hold off
on
any buying of gear until I am for sure the band will work out for me.  I
*think* I will look at getting a bullet-style mic from Greg Heumann.
Option
2 would probably be a smaller amp as I could use it to drive the HG and
for
rehearsal.

Thanks!
----------
Mike Fugazzi
vocals/harmonica
http://www.mikefugazzi.com
http://www.facebook.com/MikeFugazziMusic

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Mike Fugazzi
<mikefugazzi@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I sat in with a band tonight that wants me to play with them formally.
In
> talking with the band leader, he commented on really like a typical
amped
> harmonica tone.  Specifically mentioning the sound of a bullet and
tweed
> amp.
>
> The music isn't "blues".  I can't really describe it well, but a lot
of it
> is minor chords with jazz changes - would easily be classified as
rock.  My
> role would vary from playing Chicago type harp to using the harp to be
> background vocalist, keyboard, horn, etc.
>
> So if I wanted to get a raunchy sound (right now I am using an
Ultimate 57