[Harp-L] Re: Any SPAH Stories to Share?

Hey Javier,

That's great news that you will again be coming to the convention from far
away! I look forward to seeing you.

Your story reminded me of my very first SPAH, Dallas 2003, experience. I had
known about SPAH and the conventions for many years. I finally decided that
I would make the trip to see what it was all about. I traveled alone and
knew no one that was going to be there. My flight came in late morning on
Tuesday and I was at the hotel just past noon if I recall. I checked in
early and very few people were mingling in the lobby. I walked over to one
guy and asked of he was there for the convention. He smiled and said oh
yeah, you must be too. Within seconds of conversation he asked if I wanted
to have a beer, he had some up in his room. Within seconds I said sure why
not and went towards the elevator. We stumbled upon another wandering soul
and quickly roped him into our trip to the cooler. So here I am in a strange
town for a strange event in a strange hotel room with two strangers
cracking' a brew only an hour or so after my had plane landed. Finally
formal introductions took place. The first guy, who's room we were in was
Dov Hammer from Israel. The other guy was Mickel Backman from Sweden.
Unbelievable! That was my first dose of SPAH magic. Talk about an
international experience and a first impression of what I had gotten myself
into. That convention was an incredible introduction to my world of SPAH.

Safe travels Javier. First beer is on me. Unless of course if you have some
more of that Chilean liquor to share.

Warren Bee