[Harp-L] yet one more great artist passes

Dear harp-lers

Well we have heard about the passing of the great Koko Taylor and the amazing Kenny
Rankin, yet on June 7th we also lost the great tenor sax player Sam Butera.  Sam spent most
of his career heading Louis Prima's back up band Sam Butera and the Witnesses.  He was a
mainstay during the early years of Las Vegas and was a catalyst in the resurgence of the big
band swing bands of the 90's such as Big Bad Voodoo Daddies or the Royal Crown Revue
featured in the movie Mask w/Jim Carey.

Sam was one of the baddest!!  I have taken many a horn lick from the man over the years and
will continue to do so.  RIP Sam, you were one badass musician.  Anyone who hasn't listened
to Sam's stuff should.  There are alot of great licks to apply to the harmonica.

regards,
Roger Gonzales