[Harp-L] Playin' blues in any color

Here's a subject close to my heart AND close to the edge.

Simply, as someone (Rob?) said recently, harp is arguably the most expressive musical instrument (short of voice, perhaps).  it doesn't lie easily.

Yet, some blues players (not only harp) seem to try to come across as other than who they are.  How many of us have encountered white blues players who affect a fake accent and costumes, let alone life stories and personas?  Even if they play well, it can feel ilke a vaudeville act, or a "re-enactment."

But those that play straight from the heart need no bonafides, it's in the music, whether you like it or not.

-Dave "I wish I was Sam Clemens, but I ain't him" Fertig