Re: [Harp-L] Playin' blues in any color

On Jul 2, 2009, at 12:07 PM, David Fertig wrote:

Yet, some blues players (not only harp) seem to try to come across as other than who they are. How many of us have encountered white blues players who affect a fake accent and costumes, let alone life stories and personas? Even if they play well, it can feel ilke a vaudeville act, or a "re-enactment."

I like this. I like it a lot. When I see someone using gimmicks, they loose points.
smo-joe

But those that play straight from the heart need no bonafides, it's in the music, whether you like it or not.

-Dave "I wish I was Sam Clemens, but I ain't him" Fertig