[Harp-L] John Sebastian, Jr.

John Sebastian, Jr. is a great player as was his father in the classical world. I am working on the Tcherepnin Harmoncia Concerto as we speak, and John, Sr. is terrific. I have played concerts with John, Jr. and he is a great guitar and harmonica player on the diatonic. Rob Paparozzi can tell you of his playing.

He has this country, blues, jug band style down pat. I remember doing an M&M's commercial using "What A Day For A Daydream" and I played harp on it; got this call on my answering machine from John, Jr. -"First you steal the old man's licks, now you steal the son's licks" and what I did not know was he was singing the jingle and heard my diatonic playing imitating him and new me only from my classical playing.

John, Jr. deserves a lot of respect and his father does as well. I really have pushed SPAH to honor his father, not just Adler, as the finest classical player of the pioneers.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com